The coronavirus outbreak was started in late 2019 and has already spread to over 60 countries and infected almost 100,000 people. Protecting yourself and loved ones from contracting the virus should be a top priority. Here are some things you can do.
According to WHO, the most common symptoms of coronavirus are fever, dry cough, and fatigue. Some people may develop aches, sore throat, nasal congestion, diarrhea, and runny nose. The severe symptom includes difficulty breathing.
How Does it Spread?
When someone who is infected by the virus sneeze or cough, they produce respiratory droplets. The droplets can land in other people’s mouths, noses, and lungs to infect them. Another way for the coronavirus to spread is fecal-oral transmission. The virus is found on the stool samples of coronavirus patients. The feces can contaminate hands or even water and spread to more people from there.
How to Protect Myself?
- Avoid close contact with people who are known to have the virus or sick.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth when your hands aren’t clean.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizers.
- Cover your mouth when you’re coughing or sneezing.
- Stay at home if you feel unwell.
- Seek immediate medical attention if having a fever, cough or shortness of breath.
- Clean your room as much as possible. Electrolyzed water is a great cleaner: it’s as powerful as bleach but without all the harmful chemicals.
- Close the lid when flushing the toilet. Every time you flush, germs get spread from the toilet to all over the bathroom within a 6-foot radius (including toothbrushes that are left in the open get fecal particles dusted on them). Shine Bathroom Assistant will clean your toilet automatically after every flush with electrolyzed water.
- No need to wear a mask unless you’re sick.
Stay calm and be careful. The outbreak will eventually pass.