Many people forget about cleaning the blinds, but when blinds are left ignored, they can become soiled with dirt, pet fur and all the other skin cells that float around the property. Fortunately, cleaning blinds is easy. Most of them are made of either wood or plastic. Read on for tips on cleaning blinds for both kinds.
First things first: clean the dust off your blinds
- Close your blinds so that the concave side faces you and use a microfiber cloth to wipe down the dust, starting from the top and working your way down.
- Switch the tilting wand so that the convex side is facing you. Clean this side the same way you cleaned the other side.
- Vacuum any fallen dust on the ground.
Your blinds should be good to go but if you want to have a thorough cleaning, you can clean depends on the type of your blinds.
For plastic blinds:
- Take your blinds down and soak them in your bathtub with warm water for at least an hour.
- Remove your blinds from the bathtub and wipe any remaining dust or soil with a microfiber cloth.
- Hang your blinds outside to air dry or wipe dry before placing them back in the window.
- Make sure your bathtub is cleaned. Check out this guide on bathtub cleaning.
For wooden blinds:
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment to clean any extra dust and dirt.
- Open the blinds and wipe clean each slat. Then turn the blinds 180 degrees and do the same.
Dust will pile up on your blinds eventually and the most important thing is consistency. Share this article with friends below and remind them to clean their blinds.